A celebration of the Victorian Era would not be complete without the celebration of families.
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert had nine children. Can you name them?
- Victoria (Vicki) Princess Royal born 11/21/1840
- Albert Edward (Bertie) Prince of Wales born 11/9/1841
- Princess Alice born 4/25/1843
- Prince Alfred (Alfie) born 8/6/1844
- Princess Helena (Lenchen) born 5/25/1846
- Princess Louise born 3/18/1848
- Prince Arthur born 5/1/1850
- Prince Leopold born 4/7/1853
- Princess Beatrice 4/14/1857
We welcome you to bring our children along for the 31st Victorian Days.
This is the second year FirstEnergy Foundation (JCP&L) has sponsored the Kids’ Zone. With their generous support we are pleased to bring an enhanced kids’ zone to this year’s festival.
Your children are invited to step back in time and play the way kids played over 150 years ago.
- Beatrix Potter will be here reading stories about Peter Rabbit and his friends on Saturday at 11:00am and 3:00pm and on Sunday at 3:00pm
- Magic Stephen, along with Rascal & Ruby will bring The Time Traveling Magical Medicine Show and perform Saturday at 1:00pm and Sunday at 1:00pm
- Zella Bella will return to paint faces
- A balloon twister
- Kaleidoscope Enrichment
- Usborne Books & More
Races & Prizes:
- Hoop (trundling)
- Steam Engines
- Fishing Pond hosted by Belvidere Environmental Commission, “Keeping It Reel”
- Riddler, correctly answer a riddle and win a prize
Fun Victorian Activities:
- Spinning tops table
- Horseshoe pitching
- Civil War Soldiers
- Build a kids’ community quilt
- Victorian coloring pages (steam engines, quilts, Peter Rabbit, houses, etc.)
- Top Hats and Tiaras and Tea
- Take your picture with The Man in the Moon
Moms, just for you we will have a nursing/changing tent, and a dedicated porta-john for the Kids’ Zone
Plan to attend Victorian Days this year as a family and stay to enjoy the all-day entertainment, demonstrations and Civil War re-enactors along with great food and shopping.
Spend lots of time having fun in the Kids’ Zone.