ENTER GARRET D. WALL
The Robert Morris tract, south of the Pequest, comprising 614 acres, was bought in 1825 by Garret D. Wall, who was elected, Governor of New Jersey in 1829. He sold the Croxall mansion to John M. Sherrerd, Esq., our first county clerk, in 1827, and the rest of the tract he laid out in building lots. During this time, the selection of Belvidere as the county seat of the newly formed county of Warren created a building boom, and vacant lots were purchased at extravagant prices, one corner lot bringing $3,600 in its day. Mr. Wall gave the sites for the park, Court House and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches.